CV Daniela Rusowsky
- Journalist & Master (Lizentiat) in Social Communication
- Master in Anthropology and Social Development
I have worked extensively in corporative communication, the media, video production and environmental education.
As an independent entrepreneur I have founded three video production companies and an environmental consultancy, developing their corporate image, press liaison and business-to-business, B2B, strategies.
- In Chile, I founded Nómade Creaciones, specializing in documentaries, and co-owned Cábala Comunicaciones, focusing in corporative video production and broadcasting, including prime-time television series. From 2007 to 2010 I lived in Jersey, Channel Islands, where I founded Funk Productions, where I continued my career as a producer and director.
- In 2004, I co-founded the environmental consultancy Nature Heritage, where I am the Director of Communications.
My professional experience in communications includes being co-director at Loft Comunicación e Imagen, where I directed PR and media campaigns for Wyeth Pharmaceuticals and Wyeth Consumer and coordinator of communications for the Darwin Initiative (UK) project for the conservation of the Darwin’s Fox.
My teaching experience includes lecturing at the School of Architecture at the University of Arts and Communications UNIACC, and at the Department of Anthropology at the Universidad de Chile, both in Santiago de Chile.
In 2005, I moved to Puerto Rico, where I became a senior writer of the international art journal ArtPremium.
I am currently based in Berlin, Germany.
- Director for Communications & Founder: Nature Heritage – Consultancy for Conservation Biology and Anthropology. St. Lawrence, Jersey, Channel Islands. Since 2004
- Director & Founder: Funk Productions, Jersey (productions of documentaries and communications). Since 2007
- Chief Correspondent for Europe, writer and photographer. International Art Magazine ArtPremium. Since 2007
- E-mail: daniela (at) natureheritage.org
- Phone (US): +1 (917) 310 7147
- Mobile: +49 (0)1577 307 90 96
- Webpage Natureheritage: www.natureheritage.org
- Webpage FunkProductions: funkproductions.wordpress.com
- Vimeo: www.vimeo.com/funkproductions
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/funkproductionsTV
- Twitter: twitter.com/#!/funkproductions
- Public Profiles: LinkedIn
- Born in Viña del Mar, Chile
- Resident in the EU since 2007, with full residence and work permit
- 2008, CITY & GUILDS 7303 Preparing to teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTTLS), Highlands College, Jersey
- 2000 – 2002, Master in Anthropology and Social Development, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile
- 2000, Diploma in Documentary Film and Anthropology, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile.
- 1996, Diploma Cinema Script, Instituto Chileno Norteamericano de Cultura
- 1998, Professional qualification Journalism, awarded by the Universidad de Playa Ancha, Valparaíso, Chile
- 1994 – 1997, Master (Lizentiat) in Social Communications, Universidad de Playa Ancha, Valparaíso, Chile
- 1993, Journalism, Universidad Andres Bello, Santiago, Chile
- 1991, First Certificate in English, University of Cambridge, UK
- 1990-1992, Secondary School, Colegio Hebreo Chaim Weitzman, Viña de Mar, Chile
- 1989, Preliminary English Test, University of Cambridge
- 1980- 1989, Primary School, Saint Margaret’s British School for Girls, Viña de Mar, Chile.
- 2008-9: Teaching courses at the Jersey Arts Centre
- 2008-9: Director JDOC (Jersey Documentary Group) with the support of the Jersey Arts Trust
- 2007: Consultant marketing research fort First Research, Jersey
- 2007: Highlands College, Media Department, lecturer Research for the Media Industries
- 2005 – 2006: Coordinator of communications, outreach and social research for the Darwin’s Fox Project (Institute for Zoology, ZSL, London and Nature Heritage)
- 2003 – 2005: Executive Producer and co-owner of Cabala Productions, Santiago, Chile. Video and TV productions
- 2003: Lecturer, course Communication 1, for undergraduate students. School of Architecture, UNIACC University Chile.
- 2002 – 2005: Company owner Nómade Creaciones (video production), Santiago, Chile
- 2002: Assistant lecturer, course Contemporary Theory for undergraduate students. Anthropology Department, Faculty of Social Studies, Universidad de Chile.
- 2002: Co-owner Loft Communications, Santiago, Chile. Corporate communications and outreach.
- 2001-2002: Assistant lecturer, courses on experimental ethnography and visual anthropology for undergraduate students. Anthropology Department, Faculty of Social Studies. Universidad de Chile.
- 2000: Researcher, Corporación Justicia y Democracia. Project to improve the information network about human rights in Chile, commissioned by the Ministry of Foreign Affaires.
- 2000: Journalist of Science, Health and Digital World. National newspaper La Tercera, Santiago, Chile.
- 1999: Co-Producer and Co-Director documentary “Conchales from Chiloe: reading the past”.
- 1998- 1999: Production and scriptwriter “Enlaces”, an international award winner science TV Series, Chilean National Television TVN and Imago Comunicaciones.
- 1998: Research and Production Assistant: documentary “Paranal, a new look to the cosmos”. Broadcasted by Chile National Television TVN and Discovery Channel.
- 1998: National Coordinator Einstein Virtual Campus. Young professionals network supported by the American Joint Distribution Committee.
- 1997: Production Assistant “Enlaces” Series 1998. Chilean National Television (TVN).
- 1997: Journalist El Mercurio de Valparaíso, the oldest newspaper in South America.
- 1994 – 1996: Journalist. Press Department, regional TV Station. Universidad Católica de Valparaiso, UCV Television, Chile.
- 2009: Visual anthropology initiative for the Darwin Initiative project “The last Survivors: saving the hutia and the solenodon”. Job description: Director and Executive Producer
- 2004: Chilean National TV Council (CNTV) Third Prize. Category: Non Fiction Series for Cazadores de Ciencia (Science Hunters) produced by Cábala Producciones / Canal 13. Job description: Executive Producer
- 2004: Chilean National TV Council (CNTV) Third Prize. Category: Regional Programme for the series Herederas (Heritage) produced by Cábala Producciones / UCV Televisión. Job description: Director
- 2003: Local Production Fund Chilean National TV Council (CNTV). First Prize for the series Stories of Payne Nguru (Darwin’s Fox) produced by Cábala Producciones / Décima TV. Job description: Executive Producer
- 2003: Corfo Award. Public fund for audiovisual production development for the pilot program of the series Cazadores de Ciencia produced by Cábala Producciones. Job description: Executive Producer
- 1999: First Prize X Festival Telescience with the Prix IAMS (International Association for Media and Science) for the best scientific series for TV, produced by Imago Comunicaciones. Job description: Producer and Scriptwriter
- 1998: Finalist Award, The New York Festivals. Paranal, a new look to the Cosmos, for Television Nacional de Chile TVN. Produced by Imago Comunicaciones. Job description: Production Assistant
- Business & Marketing: Online marketing (search engine optimization SEO, social media, branding, PR), long track record in business-to-business B2B and business-to-government B2G marketing
- Capacity building: Teaching and training students of different academic, social and ethnic background
- Communication and Outreach: Production of press releases, articles and infomertials.
- Computer skills: Apple Mac and PC user, Microsoft Office, general internet applications, Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo, LinkedIn, ASW), Blog administrator, Final Cut Express
- Events: Planning and organizing international conferences, workshops, premiers, press conferences and talks
- Fieldwork: Filming and fieldwork experience including extreme field conditions
- Fundraising: Successful grant applications, receiving corporate and private sponsorship
- Languages: Native Spanish; fluent in English; working knowledge of German, Hebrew and French.
- Multicultural experience (travelling): Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, Peru, Brazil, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, St Martin, Anguilla, Germany, Spain, France, Switzerland, Luxemburg, Austria, Czech Republic, Israel, Turkey, Namibia, South Africa and UK.
- Project management: Planning, budgeting, implementing, financial accounting, staff supervision, creating and managing multidisciplinary projects.
- Social Research: Planning, executing and interpreting surveys and interviews (quantitative and qualitative analysis)
- Team building: Linking-up with universities, scientific organizations, conservation organizations, creating an international network
- Broadcast (UK)
- Colegio de Antropólogos (Chile)
- Colegio de Periodistas de Valparaíso (Chile).
- Cultural Diversity Network (UK)
- Expert Panel, European Business & Biodiversity Campaign (EU)
- FilmContact (worldwide)
- Shooting People (UK)
- Withoutabox (worldwide)
FILMOGRAPHY (»»») & PUBLICATIONS
- Films & series: 17
- Films & series in production: 2
- Magazine articles: 10+
- Newspaper articles: 300+
INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES OUTSIDE WORK
- Outdoor activities with my family and friends